Newport Snow Sports Swap
- Skis, boots, snowboards
lose 1/2 of its value each year. $400>200>100. Bottom for good gear
is $40-$50. There will be brand spanking new middle-of-road gear for ~$200.
- Clothing loses approximately
3/4 of its value the first year. $400>100>50. Bottom is $20-$30. There
will be brand spanking new middle-of-road gear for ~$100.
- Remember that the Swap
consignment price is 25%.
- You never knows exactly
what someone will pay for gear but ask yourself what you might be willing
* Set it to 10-15% less than you would be willing to
- Important Question: Do
you want it back if it does not sell for a specific price?
* Set it to the least price that you are willing to
- The corollary: Do you
want it gone to a new appreciative owner?
* Price it 20-30% less than #1.
- Sometimes things that
we do not expect to sale does because it is the just right deal for someone.
Other great gear at a great price is still there at the end of the swap because
the right person did not see it.
* Sorry, still we sell around 67% of the used gear.
- Used gear, even in very
nice shape is worth less than you think it should be.
* See #1 and #3
- If it is dirty, ripped,
* It will not sell... CLEAN IT or don't bring it.
- Some swap customers know
gear and know what the right price is.
* Sooo if you have high end gear, price it right but
at the price it is worth, you may not find a buyer.
* See #2
- Most people know a bit
about the technology behind the gear but do not recognize the high end gear
as you generally can't see the difference.
* If it is high end, attach a card describing the value.
You have to decide whether
you want to risk having it in the garage again or if you are willing to take
a bit less than you hoped for but have it enjoyed by someone else.